Dear All,
                 I have a matrix  say, X ( 100 X 40,000) and a vector say, y
(100 X 1) . I want to perform linear regression. I have scaled  X matrix by
using scale () to get mean zero and s.d 1  . But still I get very high
values of regression coefficients.  If I scale X matrix, then the regression
coefficients will bahave as a correlation coefficient and they should not be
more than 1. Am I right? I do not whats going wrong.
Thanks for your help.
Alex

*Code:*

UniBeta <- sapply(1:dim(X)[2], function(k)
+ summary(lm(y~X[,k]))$coefficients[2,1])

pval <- sapply(1:dim(X)[2], function(l)
+ summary(lm(y~X[,l]))$coefficients[2,4])