Dear R-helpers,
I have a list containing 5000 elements, each element is a dataframe
containing one ID column (identical over the 5000 dataframes) and 9 numeric
variables, e.g.

ID VAR1 VAR2 VAR3 ... VAR9

I would like to create a new dataframe containing the ID column and the mean
values of the 9 numeric variables. So, the structure of this new dataframe
would be identical to the structure of the dataframes stored in my list (and
the ID column would also be identical) but the values would be mean values.

I've been attempting to do this with rowMeans and subscripting the list
using double square brackets, but I can't get it to work.

I'd appreciate any pointers to get me going, thanks!

Mark Na