Dear R-users,

I need to load outputs from multiple previous calculations into one R
session for comparison and (cross-)analysis. The previous calculations are
stored in different directories in .Rdata files (I don't know if this is the
best storage for later usage, but the previous project could be recalculated
and saved into different format, if needed, potentially.)

I can load consequently multiple .Rdata files (in which variable names are
identical), but I don't know how to preserve variables from these files or
make them unique.

I would imagine pointing them as in a list:

load(DataSet1) # VariableA is present
load(DataSet2) # VariableA is present, too

# both VraiableA listed and present
DataSet1$VariableA$parameters
DataSet2$VariableA$parameters

But what is the way to feed all variables into a list? Or more generally,
what is an efficient way to work with multiple separate outputs which one
would like to compare?

(I have read something about environments, but I understood it's only for
functions. I could create environments, but was not succesful in using them
at all (location change or separate sandbox). Functions saveCache,
loadCache, saveObject, loadObject is not really what I have in mind, too --
saveObject(list=ls(), "NewObjectFile") is not a solution either...)

Thanks for any hint in advance.

Cheers, Zroutik