Kel Lam wrote:
My institute has been heavily dependent on SAS for the past while, and
SAS is starting to charge us a very deep amount for license renewal.
Since we are a non-profit organization that is definitely not
sustainable.  The team is brainstorming possibility of switching to R,
at least gradually.  I am talking about the entire institute with
considerable number of analysts using SAS their entire career.
There’s a handful of us using R regularly.  What kind of problems and
challenges have you faced?  Any insight is much appreciated.  Thank
you very much!

Kelvin

One of your challenges will be that with the increased productivity of the team you will have time for more intellectually challenging problems. That frustrates some people.

Frank