Thanks, the issue was solved by adding class definitions to the zzz.R file
in the R code directory. However, this led to a new problem.

The zzz.R now contains class definition:

> setClass("myclass", contains = "list")

and  method definition for the new class, extending the generic 'show':

> setGeneric("show",function(x,...){standardGeneric("show")})
> setMethod("show", "myclass",function(x, ...) {cat("myclass object \n")})

I get two warnings. The first one:

* checking Rd files ... WARNING
Rd files with duplicated alias 'show,myclass-method':
  myclass-class.Rd show-methods.Rd

I get this one because the alias row for the method
(\alias{show,myclass-method}) is in both myclass-class.Rd file and
show-methods.Rd file (created by promptMethods function). This is likely
related to the second warning:

* checking for missing documentation entries ... WARNING
Undocumented code objects:
  show

I thought that the show method would've been documented correctly as I put
'show-methods.Rd' file in the 'man' directory. This does not seem to be the
case, however.

Any help on how I should document the extended show method in this case, or
are there some mistakes in my original definition for extended 'show'? I
could not find suitable examples from the web/mailing lists.

br
Leo