Hi,

I think the problem is that I've been getting replies about how to make new regressions, when in fact, I need to use the one I've produced already to fit new data, 5 rows at a time, to see if it is also a good representation of further data. From the replies, I'm getting the impression that the only way I can do that is bye producing more regressions and calculating the
error, but I'm not sure how I should do that, if I get hundreds of new
regressions.

So ... I haven't read the replies in this thread, but I'd be surprised if you haven't been directed to the "predict" function.

The call to "lm" will return you an object of class "lm". Calling "predict" on that object on *new* data will actually call the predict.lm function, and does exactly what it seems like you're asking to do, which is to "fit new data."

I think having a look through the documentation in ?predict.lm should make this clear, no?

Is this what you're after?

HTH,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology

Contact Info: http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos