I need to estimate a model that predicts the proportional split of
travel among the vehicles of a household based on vehicle
characteristics such as age, fuel economy, and travel cost per mile. The
model estimation dataset has a record for each household vehicle with
information about the vehicle, the household, and the proportion of the
total household vehicle travel using that vehicle. I have not been able
to figure out how use multinomial logit estimation functions in R to
predict proportions rather than categorical probabilities. I have found
from searching the web that there is a Stata function, FMLOGIT, that
will do what I want. Does anyone know how this can be done in R? All of
my model estimation scripts for the large model I'm building are in R
and I would like to keep it that way to create a nice replicable set of
scripts and data to document the model. Thanks much.

Brian Gregor
Senior Transportation Analyst
Oregon Department of Transportation
Transportation Planning Analysis Unit