On 22/07/2009 7:52 AM, Tsunhin John Wong wrote:
Dear R Users,

I've installed R with the chm option, but eventually I found I am more
used to the normal way of latex help.
Is there any argument to suppress chm help by default when starting R?
So that I don't have to type something like >help(rle,chmhelp=NULL)

I know the last resort would be to reinstall R.

You will have options(chmhelp=TRUE) in one of your startup files (likely
RHOME\etc\Rprofile.site, but see ?Startup for other possibilities). Comment it out.

Duncan Murdoch