Hello everyone,

I have two data frames.  One is a vector about 780 rows long consisting of
lat long data of 780 station locations.  The other table was previously a
shape file which I have converted into a data frame object of lat long
coordinates and attribute data.  What I want to do is combine the
two--assigning attribute data to each station.  The problem is, however,
that those station locations do not have duplicate location and attribute
data in the shape file.  So what needs to be done is that a tolerance level
has to be used to assign attribute data from the shape file data frame to
the particular station location.

I hope this is clear enough.  I should probably post this to sig geo, but I
figured that since we are dealing with two data frames and matrices, I can
push for it to go to this list (since it seems to have a lot more viewers).

Thanks a lot!!!

Mehdi Khan