hi ,everyone

I  want subtract some dataset by subset.

>From the help running  help(subset),  ths information is "*subset(airquality,
Day == 1, select = -Temp)* "

while  I running my script written as "*g1data<-subset(errdata, fac>12) *"
,it is wrong with the error information "*subset.default(newerrdata,
fac>12),can not find fac*"

and g1 in read from the file as shown below
*errdata<-scan("err.dat",what = list(mon=0,day=0,err=0,fac=0))*

While I changed to *g1data<-subset(errdata, errdata$fac>12)*, there is no
error message any more  but it seems that *g1data* dooes be selected.

who can help me to subset the dataset?

thank you .:)

--
TANG Jie