From: cindy Guo [mailto:cindy.g...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 7:05 PM
To: Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA)
Cc: r-help@r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R] matrix power

Hi, Dan,

Yes, this is what I want. Is there better way to solve this?

Cindy

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) <nord...@dshs.wa.gov>
wrote:

> [...]

Cindy,

Just to be sure we are all on the same page.  Are saying you have a matrix X,
and you want to find the a matrix A such that

X = A %*% A

And you want to then find the matrix inverse of A ?

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund
Planning, Performance, and Accountability
Research and Data Analysis Division
Olympia, WA  98504-5204