Hi Ferdogan,

Sorry for the late response.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Ferdogan<ferdog...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have two products which are substitudes. I try to fix a system as below to
> mydata.
>
> Demand1 = A1 -B1*Price1 + C1*Price2
> Demand2 = A2 +B2*Price1 - C2*Price2
>
> I would expect C1 & B2 to be symmetric, If they are truly substitude. How
> can I enforce this symmetry when creating a  system of equations via
> SystemFit ?

Please take a look at
   http://www.jstatsoft.org/v23/i04/
I suggest that you estimate the system without the restriction first
and then try to impose the restriction (and test it!). If you still do
not manage to estimate the (restricted) system, please don't hesitate
to send another email with a more precise/specific question to this
mailing list.

Best wishes,
Arne

--