Noah Silverman wrote:
Hi,

I'm developing an experiment with logistic regression.

I've come across the lrm function in the Design  library.

While I understand and can use the basic functionality, there are a ton of options that go beyond my knowledge.

I've carefully read the help page for lrm, but don't understand many of the arguments and optional return values.
(penalty, penalty.matrix, strata.penalty, var.penalty, weights)

Additionally, there are several items returned in the model that I don't understand.
(Max Derriv, Model L.R, C, Dxy, Gamma, Tau-a, R2, Briar, Wald Z)

1) Could someone point me to an online resource where I could learn more? (I'm big on trying to teach myself.)

2) Or, alternately, does anybody want to explain a few things for me?

Thanks!

--
Noah

My book Regression Modeling Strategies covers much of that. Its case study on penalized ordinal logistic regression is also largely in a paper in Statistics in Medicine if you have access to that. Once you do some background reading I'll be glad to answer some focused questions.
Frank