On Fri, 28 Aug 2009, Arup wrote:

Hi..I am trying to run CHAID in R..I have installed the sofyware Party and
trying to use the function ctree() to carry out the analysis. but I am
getting the following message Error in terms.default(formula, data = data) :
no terms component

Without a simple reproducible example (as the posting guide tells you) it's hard to say what went wrong for you.

. I am having some Likert scale variable where I have variables like
"Overall satisfaction"(Dependent Variable),"Product quality", Brand
image,Warranty(Independent variable) etc..

ctree() can handle this situation appropriately, see
   vignette("party", package = "party")
for more details and worked examples.

Now can anyone tell me how to run
CHAID in this case..what would be the formula? Thanks in Advance..

CTree is similar in spirit to CHAID but not the same. However, there is the CHAID package on R-Forge (as pointed out previously, thanks to Max).

CTree is more flexible and can deal with more types of variables, e.g., it would be possible to use linear-by-linear type tests instead of plain Chi-squared tests for ordinal variables.

hth,