I could see how that might happen- persp creates many, many small rectangles
which results in a large file size and may operations for the TeX processor
to handle. I was able to compile the example you posted, but due to the
amount of graphic elements, it took a long time ~25 seconds.
If you have the time, do you think you could email me the following
feedback:

1. Was it the inclusion of one tikzDevice plot or a series of plots that
caused TeX to run out of memory?

2. What was your memory limit? i.e., I'm assuming you got an error similar
to:

  TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [main memory size=X].

What number was X?

Thanks very much for trying the package and for any information you have the
time to provide!

-Charlie