Hi Guys
I am Abhishek, primarily a bioinformatician.  I have recently started using
a lot of R thanks to some excellent packages available.

Lately I have felt the need to batch process few of the R scripts I have
been working with and strangely enough I am not able to find a good resource
on how to best do this. I did find few old threads on the archives but none
convinced me much. So here I am asking the same thing again hoping to get a
good solution.

1. What's the best way to pass command line arguments to R scripts ?
2. How to execute R scripts from command line ? When I use R CMD BATCH I see
no output on the screen
3. What does R --slave --vanilla do  ?

Thanks,
-Abhi