Hi,

On Sep 14, 2009, at 9:47 AM, e-letter wrote:

Readers,

I have been reading the r book (Crawley) and tried to use the
influence measures function for linear regression, as described. I
have one datum that I wish to show in the graph but exclude from the
regression and ab line.

x       y
0       5
10      9
20      10
30      19
40      4

With the influence measures function I plot the graph but linear
regression includes the datum (40,4), which I want to show on the
graph but exclude from the linear regression ab line.

Is there an alternative package to perform this task please?

Please post the code you're using to try and do the regression.

I think you simply want to remove the data point when you build the regression model, then plot it later after you plot the regression.

Something like:

model <- lm(y ~ x, data=my.data[-5,])
... plotting stuff ...

If that doesn't make sense to you, please post some code we can comment on.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou