Hello All,

I want to draw a figure with filled contour in a irregular map.

But I found that the contours overlap the boundaries of the map, and also some
regions in the map were not filled.

I have following data:

data1. A shapefile (i.e., a map with boundary, for example, the whole Australia
map);

data2. A text file with three columns: x, latitude; y,longitude;z,variable
(e.g., rainfall);

and use following R code:

Map<-readShapeSpatial("data1")
plot(Map)
data2.li<-interp(data2$x,data2$y,data2$z)
filled.contour(data2.li, color=topo.colors, add=TRUE)

How can I limits the filled contours just inside the map?

Thank very much for that!

Zachary