No, this is part of my dataset. Anyway, this is unlikely to cause the problem. If there are few data, impute.knn actually uses mean imputation (and returns a warning).

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin Morgan" <mtmor...@fhcrc.org>
To: "Vassilis Golfinopoulos" <vassilis.golfinopou...@gmail.com>
Cc: "Greg Snow" <greg.s...@imail.org>; <r-help@r-project.org>; "premmad" <mtechp...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 7:20 PM
Subject: Re: [R] Handling missing data

Vassilis Golfinopoulos wrote:
Consider this sample dataset (displayed [1:3, 1:3]):

          T1053B     T1102A      T1129A
AKT1  -0.02412174  0.1986057          NA
AURKA -0.37109748 -0.4418542  0.04967051
BRAF  -0.14589269 -0.1590310 -0.35483226

is.na(dataset[1, 3])
TRUE

library(impute)
library(GeneMeta)

imputed.dataset <- impute.knn(as.matrix(dataset))

impute.knn has a second parameter k with default value 10, the number of
nearest neighbors to use, in gene space, for imputation. For the example
above, there are not 10 nearest neighbors, and unfortunately impute.knn
does not check for this. Is this the case with your real data?

This might address your problem with impute.knn, a GeneMeta example
would help for progress on that front.

Martin

CRASH!