Jean lobry wrote:
I think that it's a good idea, although I have rarely made use
of pch > 20.

This reminds me to pass on a very belated thank-you to the
developer(s) who implemented the formula version for stripchart,
which I had promised to do myself quite a long time ago.
Thanks, folks!

Peter Ehlers

Hi Peter,

this is a good point by the way: my workaround is a shameless hack that
does not handle the case of the graphics:::stripchart.formula(),
while for sure it should. I hope that more competent people are
going to have a look at this.

stripchart.formula() works for me with your modification to
stripchart.default().

The pch %in% 21:25 are very helpfull in some situations such as
in a 2X2 contingency table : circles for women, squares for males,
statisticians in blue, politicians in red (change for your favorite
dichotomous credo here).

But you don't need the 'bordered' pch for that.

Peter

Best,

Jean