On Sep 24, 2009, at 10:26 AM, ld7631 wrote:

Hello!

I am running a "for" loop. In the loop I am producing some
intermediary results and asking R to print it (of the type below).
However, I noticed - when the task is complicated and takes a lot of
time, R does not print those intermediary results immediately, but
prints them in batches - or does not print at all until we are done
with the whole calculation.
Is there any way to force R to really print everything it's supposed
to be printing as soon as one iteration is over?

Thanks a lot!

for(i in ....) {
x<-...
print(x)
}

Presumably you are on Windows?  If so, see:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#The-output-to-the-console-seems-to-be-delayed

HTH,

Marc Schwartz