On Sep 25, 2009, at 6:29 AM, Ashta wrote:

Dear R-users,

Suppose I have the following sample of data,

0   1   2  4  3
1   2   1  3  1
1   3   3  4  1
0   1   2  1  2
1   4   1  4  2
 1   2   2  1  1

The first variable is the response variable where 0 is defective and 1
normal. The other four factors( x1,x2,x3,x4) that influence the outcome. I want to fit a binomial model . How do I do that? I am guessing the response variable should be transformed but not sure which family of transformation
to use.
It is easy to do it  in SAS but I just want to learn using R

Any help is highly appreciated

Ashta

Presuming that your reference to SAS is to PROC LOGISTIC, then in R you would use glm() with 'family = binomial'.

Using:

  help.search("logistic regression")

would get you a lot of hints.

See ?glm for more information, or alternatively, the lrm() function in Frank's 'rms' package on CRAN.

I would however hope that your actual working data set is much larger, as you don't have enough data above to support a single covariate, much less 4.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz