On 9/29/2009 10:39 PM, Jen Maresh wrote:
Hello All -

Any recommendations or suggestions for neat ways to visualize data
taken from a 3-axis accelerometer? My study species is aquatic, so I
would be interested in movement in the 3 dimensions in addition to
being able to incorporate the time series as well. Is there a package
in R that might be useful for this?

As David mentioned, rgl can draw 3D figures, but the problem of visualizing a 3D path in an informative way is not easy. The new cylinder3d function in rgl might give paths that are easier to decode visually than line segments would be; it also offers the possibility of encoding orientation in the shape of the cylinder. I'd be interested in hearing how this goes.

Duncan Murdoch