On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 00:42 +0000, KABELI MEFANE wrote:
> Thanks
>
> But it seems like you don't get my problem.Do you mean that there is
> something wrong with the code as it seems like what you are doing is
> suggesting different ways to write a code.
>
> Will i get to use the variable that have been name previously like if i want
> to calculate the standard deviation of stratum hypermarket in a sample not
> population, the first start is to check if it would help me is to check the
> length() of different levels if it is not same as that of the original data
>
> Best Regards
>
> I rest my case, i might dream it

Sorry

I don't understand your problem early.

In your case you have 2 data.frames: sampleframe and sample.strat so you
need show to R where calculate sd or length or summary

set.seed(1)# only to make this example don't use in your code
stra<-strata(sampleframe,c("type"),size=c(20,80,200,300,400),method="srswor")
sample.strat<-getdata(sampleframe,stra)

length of value in sampleframe where type is Hypermarket:
> length(sampleframet$value[sampleframe$type=="Hypermarket"])
[1] 100

SD of value in sampleframe where type is Hypermarket:
> sd(sampleframe$value[sampleframet$type=="Hypermarket"])
[1] 4586.854

length of value in sample.strat where type is Hypermarket:
> length(sample.strat$value[sample.strat$type=="Hypermarket"] )
[1] 20

SD of value in sample.strat where type is Hypermarket:
> sd(sample.strat$value[sample.strat$type=="Hypermarket"] )
[1] 4679.336

--
Bernardo Rangel Tura, M.D,MPH,Ph.D
National Institute of Cardiology