Uwe Ligges wrote:
I finally found some time to look at it:

Yes, it does not work properly for angles > 180 degrees. Will try to find a fix and make a new release soon.

Late, but finally the fixed version is on its way to CRAN.

Best wishes,
Uwe Ligges

Best wishes,
Uwe Ligges

Vivek Ayer wrote:
Hey guys,

Not sure if I encountered a bug with the scatterplot3d function.
Here's the calls I made:

s3d1 <- scatterplot3d(TotLogDisttenp,TotDifftenp,TotMeasuredRSLtenp,pch=16,highlight.3d=TRUE,angle=40,type="h",main="MRSL
~ LogDist + Diff");
s3d1$plane3d(fitols);
s3d1 <- scatterplot3d(TotLogDisttenp,TotDifftenp,TotMeasuredRSLtenp,pch=16,highlight.3d=TRUE,angle=130,type="h",main="MRSL
~ LogDist + Diff");
s3d1$plane3d(fitols);
s3d1 <- scatterplot3d(TotLogDisttenp,TotDifftenp,TotMeasuredRSLtenp,pch=16,highlight.3d=TRUE,angle=210,type="h",main="MRSL
~ LogDist + Diff");
s3d1$plane3d(fitols);
s3d1 <- scatterplot3d(TotLogDisttenp,TotDifftenp,TotMeasuredRSLtenp,pch=16,highlight.3d=TRUE,angle=310,type="h",main="MRSL
~ LogDist + Diff");
s3d1$plane3d(fitols);

Essentially four plots showing the data from different angles. This
includes the fit plane. The first two graphs make sense, but for the
latter two, the fit plane is not making sense.

Take a look at the attached png.

Is it a bug?

Thanks,
Vivek