On 15/10/2009 7:00 AM, H Rao wrote:
I can license the application under GPL

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Duncan Murdoch <murd...@stats.uwo.ca <mailto:murd...@stats.uwo.ca>> wrote:

    On 14/10/2009 6:35 PM, H Rao wrote:

        Hi,

        I am planning to use R as the backend in my application and VB
        as the front
        end. I want to be able to distribute it as a stand alone
        application and my
        users should not have to install R separately to use the
        application. I want
        to be able to integrate the R interpreter into the application
        so that just
        installing the application should take care of everything. Is
        this something
        which is possible with R

    Is your application licensed under the GPL, or a compatible license?  .

Then I don't think there's any basis for an objection. The only issues are in doing it: we use Inno Setup as our installer, and it could certainly set things up for you. The easiest way to do this is to make a model installation on your own machine, then run Inno Setup to make an installer from it. If your application needs configuration (e.g. setting local directories, registry entries, etc.) then it's more work, but it's all fairly straightforward. R can make use of such customizations (and our installer does them), but it doesn't need them.

Duncan Murdoch