On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Robin Hankin wrote:

Hi

fexact.c points you to the original ACM paper:

Well, you'll get a better idea from the help page as to the real 'original' source reference: the reference below is to a revised version in a remark.

And indeed Agresti's book (first edition on the help page, also has a 2002 second edition) is a good source for the 'minutiae'.

/*
ALGORITHM 643, COLLECTED ALGORITHMS FROM ACM.
THIS WORK PUBLISHED IN TRANSACTIONS ON MATHEMATICAL SOFTWARE,
VOL. 19, NO. 4, DECEMBER, 1993, PP. 484-488.

You may find the discussion in the vignette("fishervig")
in the aylmer package helpful.

HTH

Robin

Peter Dalgaard wrote: