Paul Hiemstra wrote:
Remko Duursma wrote:
Hi all,

I am having some problems calling a python script from R that resides
in a folder that is in the path (WindowsXP):
Hi Remko,

Some suggestions:

1. Try to see if the path that R has from a call to system is correct (i.e. the same as from cmd):

system("path")

That won't work.  You would use Sys.getenv("PATH") for this.
2. Try calling it with python added in front:

system("python script.py")

3. Add a shebang line to the top of your script like:

#! c:/Program Files/Python/python.exe

This tells the OS which program you want to use to run the script.

That's unlikely to work on Windows.

If file associations are set to do it, then shell.exec("script.py") should work. (That should do the same as double clicking the file in Explorer.)

Duncan
cheers,
Paul

ps maybe superfluous, but try the python getopt package for reading commandline arguments.
system("quickPadTool.py")
Warning message:
In system("quickPadTool.py") : quickPadTool.py not found

# I also tried 'shell' (and shell.exec as well).
shell("quickPadTool.py")
'quickPadTool.py' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Warning message:
In shell("quickPadTool.py") :
  'quickPadTool.py' execution failed with error code 1

I can run the script fine from a command window just fine, from the
same directory.

Any pointers?

thanks,
Remko