Hi Peter and Spencer (and everyone else out there),

Thank you for your prompt reply to my post re. FDA - FYI - i'm very new to R
and FDA. Currently half way through a biostats masters degree in Sydney,
Australia! Absolutely loving it and I hope to include R computing on my future
CV!

Just to clarify things:

When I entered what you suggested, this is what I obtained with my own
dataset....
> str(isi)
 num [1:14] 1 1.5 2 2.5 3 3.5 4 5 7 10 ...

Similarly, for Jim Ramsay's dataset (chapter five of Use R book):
> str(age)
 num [1:31] 1 1.25 1.5 1.75 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...

Doesn't this mean that my data object, 'isi' is numeric?

Also, I was looking through Jim Ramsay's datasets - I'm fairly sure that my
vector, 'isi' was similarly organised to his vector, 'age' in chapter 5 of his
new Use R FDA book, so I'm fairly certain that the data is numeric.... but it
obviously isn't....

Hope this email clarified things - apologies if it hasn't - still very new to
the terminology and overall feel of R.....

The R user network is terrific! Thank you for caring!

Ben