Dear R Experts,

I have a query concerning SEMs in a multilevel context. I have an unbalanced
panel where children are nested in families, which in turn are nested in
districts. The problem is the following: the outcome variable of interest is
measured at the child level but the (explanatory) latent variable is at the
family level.

Most the variables are discrete and I am able to fit the model using the sem()
and hetcor() packages ignoring the hierarchical structure of the data. But, how
do I incorporate the fact that the outcome variable is at the child level and
the latent variable at the family level?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot already

Henry

--