Hi All,

I was hoping someone could save me the trouble of reading through source code
and answer a quick question of mine regarding poly(). Does the poly() function
use a classical orthogonal polynomial series to fit polynomial models, or does
poly() generate a unique series of orthogonal polynomials based on the method
described in Kennedy and Gentle (1980:342-347). I understand that the
aforementioned reference is the source for the recursion used in
predict.poly(), but I was a bit confused by the documentation regarding how the
orthogonal polynomial series was constructed in the first place. If any of the
developers are reading - it would be handy to have the orthogonal polynomial
series available as an output of poly(), in addition to the coefficients, if
that function is generating a unique series based on the dataset used for the
approximation. Thanks to everyone for your time,

Chris