On Nov 17, 2009, at 6:14 PM, separent wrote:

In a loop, I compose the name of a csv file using paste, then read it (e.g., dataset1.csv, dataset2.csv, etc). The name of the dataframe assigned to the imported csv is also composed with paste (e.g., dataset1, dataset2, etc.). Now I want to perform operations on the dataframes dataset1, dataset2, etc. However, the paste function only renders a string on which I can not, for
example, do operations like
plot(paste("dataset",i,"[,1]",sep=""),paste("dataset",i,"[, 2]",sep="")). How could I call the dataframe instead of the string representing its name?

?get

(It's also in the FAQ.)

--
David