Can't be too hard to convert it in pixmap representation, but you need to tell us hoe the representation looks like, probbaly with a short code that makes it reproducible (e.g. generate some data that we can use in R).

Uwe Ligges

Rajarshi Guha wrote:
Hi, I have some code that uses rJava. One of the Java side methods returns a
byte[] representing the bytes from a PNG image.

What I'd like to do is to be able to bring up the PNG on the R side (I can
bring up a Swing window to show the PNG but I want to avoid that). I have
looked at the pixmap and rimage packages but don't seem to be able to work
out how I'd go about this (or if it's at all possible).

Does anybody have any pointers?

Thanks,