I saw different specifications for Random Effects and I'm confused about the use of "/" and the use of "(0+...|)" . Let say we have a nested structure where some countries have some several plants in different states and we measure the reaction to a drug.

The list of Countries = USA, France, Italy
The States for USA = Michigan, Florida, California
The States for France =  Paris, Orleans
The States for Italy =  Venezia, Sienna, Florence, Rome, Napoli , Sicilia

Plants were classified as High and Low

is this the way to specify a possible model ?

lmer(Reaction ~ Drug + (1| Country / State / Plant) , data)

or should I use something like this
A) lmer(Reaction ~ Drug + (0| Country / State / Plant) , data)
B) lmer(Reaction ~ Drug + (1| Country ) + (0+Country | State / Plant) , data) C) lmer(Reaction ~ Drug + (1| Country ) + (0+Country | State / Plant) + (0+Country + State | Plant), data) D) lmer(Reaction ~ Drug + (1| Country ) + (0+Country | State ) + (0+Country + State | Plant), data)

Thanks