Hi,

I have a numeric pixel image which I would like to divide into factors
for analysis in Spatstat.  I have found that I can use cut.im() function
to divide the range of pixel values into a series of equal length
intervals (e.g. if my pixels values range from 0 to 60,
cut.im(X.im,breaks=2) will produce two factors one containing pixel
values 0-30 and one containing pixel values of 30 - 60, or thereabouts).

However, I would like to specify the pixel value at which the factors
are created - e.g. create one factor containing pixel values of 0-5 and
another factor containing all other pixel values.  I have been
struggling to work out how to do this using either cut.im() or
cut.default().  Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Lauren