On Dec 8, 2009, at 8:29 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with this kind of mathematics. I
don't understand what the wiki page tries to tell me.

Please don't misinterpret his, but I simply don't have the time to learn a) how to interpret the math description on wikipedia and b) how that translates
into a new environment for me. I tried what I could, but just like all
volunteers on this list, my time is limited. I do have a practical use for a subset sum solving algorithm and R seems like a quite capable package. But for my novice eyes it looks I'll need to understand more of it than entering a
simple formula which needs time I currently don't have.

Dangerously close to:

library(fortunes)
fortune("brain surgery")

That's why I asked if someone had solved it before, and was willing to share his/her program with me. I would be very grateful if someone can help me here.

An implementation was described in the last few months on this list.

Regards,
Geert