Dear list,

Does the snowfall package work under Windows 7?

Recently I upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7, and at the same time
upgraded R from 2.8.1 to 2.10. On my machine (Intel i7 based) snowfall worked
perfectly on my previous installation, but after the upgrade the same scripts
do not work.

When I issue e.g.

sfInit(parallel=T, cpus=2)  # (or 'cpus=7', which I often used before as the
processor has 8 cores)

R appears to be working, but uses no processor power. It stays like that (have
waited many minutes) until I interrupt by hitting the Esc-key. After that it
has not initiated parallel computing.

Is snowfall incompatible with Windows 7 or is there something I can do?

/Ola