From: Wensui Liu
Sent: Sunday, December 27, 2009 11:13 PM
To: Cedrick W. Johnson
Cc: Ricardo Gonçalves Silva ; R-Help
Subject: Re: [R] R and Finance - EAD, LGD, PD

i think rick's questions are more related to basel II instead of R and don't
think there is such a R package.
per my limited knowledge, there are many ways to calculate PD, EAD, and LGD,
either on portfolio level or on account level. So it really depends on how you
are going to estimate them. On the side of consumer credit risk, it makes more
sense to estimate 3 models on the account level, which should be under the
umbrella of GLM. While PD / LGD are well studied, EAD is not. There are
multiple ways to estimate EAD, such as LEQ/CCF/EADF, depending on the
characteristic of accounts.