On 12/30/2009 08:32 PM, Jay wrote:
Hello,

I want to place two plots on top of each other. However, the problem
is that I can't figure out a simple way to align them correctly. Is
there a way to specify this?
Since the data is bunch of coordinates and the second layer is an
outline of a map (a .ps file I import using the grImport package), I
suppose one option would be to specify a set of "artificial"
coordinates that make up the very corners of that plot, and then have
the second layer will this same space. Any ideas how to do this?

Hi John,
I may be mistaken, but wouldn't it be easier to overlay your points on a map generated by the maps package? Your user units would then correspond to your coordinates.

Jim