Hi,

I understand from help pages that in order to use a data set with svm, I have
to divide it into two files: one for the dataset without the class label and
the other file contains the class label as the following code:-

library(e1071)
x<- read.delim("mydataset_except-class-label.txt")
y<- read.delim("mydataset_class-labell.txt")
model <- svm(x, y, cross=5)
summary(model)

but I couldn’t understand how I add “formula” parameter to it? Does formula
contain the class label too??
and what I have to do to use testing set when I don’t use “cross” parameter.

Cheers,
Amy