发件人:"Liaw, Andy [via R]" <ml-node+1011366-1798256...@n4.nabble.com>
发送时间:2010年1月12日 星期二
收件人:bbslover <dlu...@yeah.net>
主题:Re: [R] Help me! using random Forest package, how to calculate Error
Rates in the training set ?

From: bbslover

> now I am learining random forest and using random forest
> package, I can get
> the OOB error rates, and test set rate, now I want to get the
> training set
> error rate, how can I do?
>
> pgp.rf<-randomForest(x.tr,y.tr,x.ts,y.ts,ntree=1e3,keep.forest
> =FALSE,do.trace=1e2)
> using the code can get oob and test set error rate, if I
> replace x.ts and
> y.ts with x.tr and y.tr,respectively,  is the error rate in
> the training set
> ?
>
> pgp.rf<-randomForest(x.tr,y.tr,x.tr,y.tr,ntree=1e3,keep.forest
> =FALSE,do.trace=1e2)
>
> this time, I get oob error rates and training set error rate,
> is  right?

Yes, or if you used keep.forest=TRUE, feed predict() with your x.tr and
compare that with y.tr.

However, I really don't understand why people compute "training error
rate": what useful information can you get from it?

Andy

> thank you!

Notice:  This e-mail message, together with any attachme...{{dropped:10}}

View message
@http://n4.nabble.com/Help-me-using-random-Forest-package-how-to-calculate-Error-Rates-in-the-training-set-tp1010987p1011366.html
To unsubscribe from Help me! using random Forest package, how to calculate
Error Rates in the training set ?,click here.