Hello Jim,

Thanks for the response. I have the algorithm based on the original paper (Bryant et al. 1994) and subsequent modification by Philips and McGregor(1994). The latter gives the formula for calculating the index in MS Excel. I'm trying to translate it to R.

Muhammad

Muhammad Rahiz  |  Doctoral Student in Regional Climate Modeling

Climate Research Laboratory, School of Geography & the Environment
Oxford University Centre for the Environment
South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QY, United Kingdom Tel: +44 (0)1865-285194 Mobile: +44 (0)7854-625974
Email: muhammad.ra...@ouce.ox.ac.uk