On 25.01.2010 11:03, richard.kie...@rwe.com wrote:
Hi!

You have probably sorted out your problem a different way.
However I have tried dealing with the same problem for a while and writing down
the reason for this here may be of use to someone.

In some other help-mail I read that time series objects behave unexpectedly in
some situations if the frequency is too high. As a result of this, a call of
StructTS (with seasonality) hangs if and only if the frequency is larger than
24 (if I remember the number right). This is what I found with my own time
series using several frequencies.

So, this may not be helpful using StructTS on a time series, but it may save
somebody some time.

Even better: report a reproducible example to the package maintainer who is certainly happy to fix bugs in the package.

Best wishes,
Uwe Ligges

Regards,
Richard

Irgendwann kommt jeder drauf! WWW.ENERGIEWELT.DE
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Rolf Martin Schmitz
Vorstand: Dr. Johannes Lambertz (Vorsitzender),
Prof. Dr. Gerd Jaeger, Antonius Voss,
Erwin Winkel

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Essen und Koeln
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Essen