Hi All,

I'm conducting a meta-analysis and have taken a data.frame with multiple
rows per
study (for each effect size) and performed a weighted average of effect size
for
each study. This results in a reduced # of rows. I am particularly
interested in
simply reducing the additional variables in the data.frame to the first row
of the
corresponding id variable. For example:

id<-c(1,2,2,3,3,3)
es<-c(.3,.1,.3,.1,.2,.3)
mod1<-c(2,4,4,1,1,1)
mod2<-c("wai","other","calpas","wai","itas","other")
data<-as.data.frame(cbind(id,es,mod1,mod2))

data

   id   es    mod1 mod2
1  1   0.3    2     wai
2  2   0.1    4     other
3  2   0.2    4     calpas
4  3   0.1    1     itas
5  3   0.2    1     wai
6  3   0.3    1     wai

# I would like to reduce the entire data.frame like this:

id  es   mod1  mod2

1  .30     2        wai
2  .15     4        other
3  .20     1         itas

# If possible, I would also like the option of this (collapsing on id and
mod2):

id  es   mod1  mod2
1  .30      2        wai
2   0.1     4       other