Dear R and odfWeave users,

I am trying to figure out how to control table width and alignment on the
page for a table generated by odfTable. Based on reading odfWeave
documentation (including formattingOut.odt), here is how I manipulate the
styles:

st = getStyleDefs()
# modify the table style
tab = getStyles()$table
st[[tab]]$align = "center"            # seems to have no effect
st[[tab]]$marginLeft = "2.0 in"     # seems to have no effect
setStyleDefs(st)

My table always ends up fully justified (taking all page width). When I
check Table Format in the output .odf, Alignment is always "Automatic". When
doing Column/Optimal Width on the table, the table shrinks but becomes left
aligned, not centered.

The table style is understood by odfWeave -- here is the output I get after
sourcing my style definition file:

> getStyles()$table
[1] "RTable1"
> getStyleDefs()[[getStyles()$table]]
$type
[1] "Table"

$marginLeft
[1] "2.0 in"

$marginRight
[1] "0.05in"

$marginTop
[1] "0.05in"

$marginBottom
[1] "0.05in"

$align
[1] "center"

I am not sure why these style options do not seem to have effect on the
output. My specific questions are:

(1) How do I get table alignment to work?

(2) Is the only way to control table width via setting the margins in the
$table style? What am I doing wrong in the above style code?

(3) What about column width -- is it possible to automatically size columns
to fit the content, like selecting Column/Optimal Width but programmatically
via odfWeave?

Thank you,

Aleksey