Hi
Thanks again to Greg, and Prof Ripley.
Greg, I was trying to send you an email, but has been unsuccessful.
Speaking to someone from our IT deparment, I am trying to follow your advice to
implement the settings to my computer (using Windows), by using Control Panel.
I have selected System in Control Panel and chose System, Advanced tab,
Environmental Variables, and created the user variables:
http_proxy, with value 152.106.241.34:3128
http_proxy_user, with value user:pass (replacing these with my own username and
password to connect to the internet via Internet Explorer.
I have deleted R, rebooted the computer, and installed R again (NOT choosing
Internet2).
Then after opening Rgui.exe, I go to the Packages menu in the R console, and
select  "Set CRAN mirror". I choose one, but the R comes back with the
following:
R> chooseCRANmirror()
Error in m[, 1L] : incorrect number of dimensions

Could you possibly think of a fix for this problem? (Maybe I should try setting
System variables?)

Thanks
Jacob

Jacob L van Wyk