On 10.02.2010 13:16, Jason Rupert wrote:
Hello R-Help,

I've got a bit of an issue with WMF's.   I am working on WindowsXP and
outputting WMF format images.   I then take the WMF format images and insert
them in PowerPoint.   I take the PowerPoint and convert it to PDF.

The WMFs are nothing special.  Just the typical x-y plot with a gray dotted
grid added and a few matlines.  The WMFs, when produced look great!   They show
all the necessary detail.

Unfortunately, after placed in the PowerPoint and the PowerPoint is converted
to PDF via MS Office's built in conversion utility, the resulting image have
diagonal streaks across them from the y-axis down to the x-axis.  The rest of
the document is perfect, but the WMF images now have streaks across them.  It
looks like it may be caused, somehow, by the dotted grid.

I am locked into the workflow where I must place images in a PowerPoint and
then convert it to PDF, so is there a different image format I should use or is
there and intermediate step I need to use so that the streaks do not appear?

Thanks for any feedback and insight.

Use another converter to PDF?

Uwe Ligges

Jason