On Feb 11, 2010, at 9:10 AM, Stratos Laskarides wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam

I'm trying quite a long shot here...

I have used R previously, and would just like to know if any software/model has been designed which will allow me to project the future risk profile of a group of insured lives (by factors such as age, gender etc.), based on past and exisiting risk profiles of the covered lives? If you could point me in the direction of a similar project or code it would be much appreciated.

R has been used in actuarial research. There is an actuar package, although I do not use it for my work on insurance related topics. I have been using survival models and R has a rich set of tools for that purpose. Perhaps you could be more specific.

Thank you.
Stratos Laskarides

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories