Hi all,

I've been struggling with trying to specify a diagnoal matrix for linear mixed
effects model. I think I've got nearly everything correct, except the following
message appears:

In lme.formula(fixed = fwave ~ sex + sexXbulbar + visit + age +  :
  Fewer observations than random effects in all level 1 groups

Not sure if i've provided enough details, but I'm basically trying to perform a
mixed effects model analysis, controlling for several covariates. Incorporating
random effects for the intercept and slope.

What does the second line, 'Fewer observations than random effects in all level
1 groups' mean?

Many thanks in advance,

Ben Cheah