Hi there,

I'm a PhD student investigating growth patterns in fish. I've been using the
minpack.lm package to fit extended von Bertalanffy growth models that include
explanatory covariates (temperature and density). I found the nls.lm comand a
powerful tool to fit models with a lot of parameters. However, in order to
select the best model over the possible candidates (without covariates, with
both covariates, or with only one of them) I'd like to compare them based on
their AIC criterion. However, it seems that the nls.lm comand doesn't return an
AIC, or a Log Likelihood. Does someone have any idea of how I could proceed to
get such informations about my models?

Thanks for your help. Best regards,

Alan Baudron